Thursday, May 22, 2008

Seriously, What?....

Well as some of you know already...Chris got laid off from his job yesterday. This was very unexpected, but we are hopeful and optimistic that something better will come our way. I am not writing this for sympathy or for drama, just thought I might use blogging as a sweet networking tool. If anyone knows of anything out there that could be good for my sexy, catch of a husband, please send a note our way. You can email me or Chris. I would so appreciate it! Email us at alyberrett@hotmail.com, or chrisberrett@hotmail.com
Sorry Chris, He will kill me when he sees I wrote this..

12 comments:

Isaac Family said...

I'm really sorry to hear about this. I know Chris will find something great because of what a good guy he is. Times are hard man... Anyway, I'm due December 21st! Crazy eh? Go Christmas!!!

Trish said...

Chris, don't kill her...Aly you are such a supportive wife! I know what you are going through. If I, or Jesse, know of anything, we'll pass it on. Love ya!

Nat and Jordy said...

Sorry to hear this. Just know that everything happens for a reason. I am going to call you when I leave work today but Chris needs to go to the head hunter place that I work with. They are amazing and have the best reputation in Utah! I will give you all of the details.

XOXO

Jessie Nielson said...

Aly,
I'm sorry to hear about Chris's job. What kind of work is he looking for? My husband works for Symantec in Lindon. It's a software company and Jay says they are hiring all the time. If that's something he's interested in, you should get onto their website and see what's there and then I could tell Jay to put in a good word. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I'm sure you are dying. I totally believe you will be fine because he is so great. When we had Kenlie we went from two incomes to no incomes, Jeff was ready to take a job as a car salesman and then got a call from a friend and he interviewed with Zoll. It's amazing how well networking works even though you do have to swallow your pride to do it. What does he do. Chris would be a great salesman--my bother could probably get him a job at Nissan Auto Mall selling cars, or maybe he just needs to pretend that he will do that and a great job will land in his lap. We'll keep you in our prayers and know if there's anything we can do let us know. Good luck. Oh and I am up for lunch whenever you are, just let me know. In fact the first week of June works great too because I can always find a babysitter. Just let me know. It will be my treat for your birthday.

JR and Brynn said...

I am super sorry to hear that. I am sure something will come up even better. Good luck. I'll keep my ears open.

Ashley said...

You guys are in my thoughts and prayers. I know things will work out.

Heidi Berry said...

Things will work out sooner than later... I just know it! No fun at all. And you gotta love the timing on things. :) Well, is there ever a good time for stuff like this? Probably not. We love you guys and know this will be a SHORT trial.

Lac said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm sure something will fall your way, Chris is so charismatic that he's sure to be swept up quickly! Your slideshow is adorable it looks like you guys had alot of fun in St. George. If I hear anything that I think might benefit you guys I will shoot it over to you.

Lacie

The Durham Project said...

You're coming come out of this much better than before. We love you guys!

Heather said...

I'm so sorry :( I agree that things do happen for a reason and we will keep your family in our prayers. If I hear of anything I will let you know. It's gonna be ok :)

NatRat said...

Sorry...what a bummer.:( I will keep my eyes open for anything. He will find something soon, he is such a great guy.

When are we getting together? What days work for you? It looks like you have been a little crazy this past week so maybe next week.