Tuesday, March 4, 2008

JoEy & kEnDyL...

Kendyl so dang tired after lunch. I thought this was the cutest thing I've ever seen. She's never done this before. Kendyl has been teething really bad lately and wakes up in the middle of the night so upset. The only thing that will calm her down is Chris, or if I sing her the cutest song that is playing on my blog. It's called "Baby don't you cry" It's from the movie Waitress. Joey absolutely loves this song too and insists we sing "our song" before she goes to bed. I love how it calms Kendyl down. This song has the sweetest words. Aren't sleeping babies the sweetest things in the world?
Joey's new found love for finger painting. Joey has been the best little helper with me around the house lately. She will tell me to turn on some music so we can do our chores. Joey puts soap in the dishwasher and empties the silverware, helps clean up her room, and is in charge of the shoe basket after it gets dumped out 20 times a day. So sweet. She loves to help out and asks me daily, "How can I help you today, Mommy? Boy, do I have her trained right. jk

10 comments:

Tamara Jacobs said...

Oh I am in love with the pie song too! That's my song to Preslee every night:) I'm going to copy you and put it on my blog too:) and, you are BLAST FROM THE PAST TAGGED TOO!

Lac said...

What a great little helper you have!! That song was really cute to sing as a lullaby for your kids. I can sympathize with the teething. Ki'sen has been teething for like 4 months and I'm not even kidding! I swear I wish that the dentist could give them some numbing stuff and cut slits for their teeth to come out! That's how miserable my poor little boy has been. There's nothing to really console him either. I just hate it for him. I think that picture of Kendyl in her high chair is hysterical. I wish I could fall asleep wherever I happened to get tired!!

Lac

Lac said...

Oh my heck I do remember passing out. I still think I'm screwed up over that!! I remember once I passed out but whomever was doing it didn't think I had passed out yet because they were pushing so hard they couldn't tell that I went limp. So I fell after they let go and I hit my head so hard. I had a migraine and was talking to myself it was one of the weirdest things that's ever happened to me without ingesting something before hand.! WE WERE CRAZY!!!

Anonymous said...

Don't you love it when they help. Kenlie has helped cook dinner and wash the dishes the last two nights and Jeff and I have been in love with her sweetness. Sorry about the teething. Afton has been doing that exact thing. If I go in there she wants me to hold her and never let her go, but Jeff can go in and two seconds later he's back and she's asleep. What gives? I've tried to figure out his trick but I guess you can't explain love between daddy and his little girl. By the way what happened to the pink. I loved it and thought it was perfect for the girly girls at the Berrett household.

Anonymous said...

Did Kendyl do the bobble head thing as she fell asleep? Evan has done that a few times. It's quite interesting to watch.

Anonymous said...

Chris and Aly,

We have been listening to the music on your blog for the past hour and a half. We wanted to thank you for making our night so enjoyable :) We love your blog too...Nate is co-workers with Chris and says they have good times everyday...

Thanks again

Nate and Jana

Lindsey Sharp said...

Love that song! Your girls are so cute!

Anonymous said...

Soooo Cute! I love that song and that movie!! I just want to squeeze Kendyl in that picture and i can't believe Joey's vocabulary. I was telling Jordy all of the big words she was saying the other day and how Kendly was cheezing it up with me and I was loving every moment of it! I want to finger paint with Joey. I miss that kind of stuff... We need to have a girl night and finger paint (maybe we can bring our hubby's so we can all get kinky). :)

Have a fantastic day!!

Nat Nat

The Bryner Bunch said...

I LOVE that song from The Waitress! That movie made me bawl...I loved it and I tried to sing that song to Logan, but I forgot the words...do you know who sings it? I too, love sleeping babies...so sweet and innocent. Your girls are so cute and what a big helper your little Joey is...sounds like you're ready for #3?!?!

Don't feel bad about getting us hooked on LOST because we love it! We are also on the 4 episodes a night thing (as long as I don't pass out in the middle). It is a task, but one we are enjoying:) Thanks for the recommendation and let us know of any other shows/movies you think are a must see. Hope you are having a good day!

Anonymous said...

your girls are cute