Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Shout out to Heidi...

My cute sister Heidi has helped me tackle my damn laundry problem. She has started a 2 load a day plan. Sounds pretty good right? So in the morning I start my first load and only do two that day, but they are completely folded and put away. Say goodbye to mountains of laundry to fold. Say goodbye to wrinkly clothes, and say goodbye to a damn basket of unfolded socks. I know it's silly to be so excited about this, but it makes me feel like I actually accomplish something with this never ending chore from Hell. Also have to write that I am in love with my little mesh laundry bags that I have. I use them for everything. I use them to put our delicates in, use them to organize laundry in our dresser, I use them for bath toys, and my most favorite...for those pesky little baby socks. I put the all the baby socks in these and then throw them in the wash. No lost socks here, baby!! Sorry for the language...you should have heard me today on I-15. :)
Happy Folding!!

11 comments:

Isaac Family said...

The DAMN laundry! Good for you for having a system. Depending on my day depends on how big of a pile I have. I hate it!!! I miss you guys and hope we hang out soon!!! Friend dinner still on? I hope so!

Anonymous said...

You are so hilarious!! I can't imagine how much laundry you have with a family of 4 and kiddies. It's just Jordy and I and I can’t even stay caught up. I like you system though and the mesh bags are a great idea.

Love ya and I am so excited for this weekend!!

Nat

Anonymous said...

Where did you get the mesh bags? I want those. I can't even get myself to folf the laundry when I have one load to do. I just leave it in the dryer as long as possible.

Lac said...

Laundry is my least favorite chore. I don't have a problem doing it, it's folding it and putting it away. I've been starring at mine thinking to myself, Laundry day has come and gone and yet the laundry still sits in my bedroom floor! RIDICULOUS!! I thought about hiring someone to do it, that's how bad I hate it. But there's something invasive about someone else looking at my laundry. Anyway- I'm proud of you! First the toy system and now the laundry, you're a woman on a mission!

Lacie

..::k.toms::.. said...

Aren't socks the worst?!
My sis-inlaw hates that she loses so many baby socks so I should suggest your mesh bags!

Lindsey Sharp said...

I am glad i'm not the only one with laundry detest! Do you ever go to the mommy monday movies? Nat and I love them if you are ever interested???

Trish said...

I am so glad to hear that someone else leaves a pile of clean laundry lying around to get all wrinkled!! Sometimes, I just leave the pile in the hall, and we take the clean clothes we need until it is gone...then I do more laundry!! I should adopt you idea.

Steve.Jeana.Preston said...

I too am a hater of laundry..so much so that Steve and I pretty much live out of the laundry basket! I'm going to add to my "what would I do when I become a millionaire" list...A LAUNDRY MAID! The 2 a day plan sounds great..I think I will give it a try too!

Kristen said...

Aly, I miss you. We need to get together sometime soon! I feel the same sentiment...but I have encountered a problem. If your basket is more than 2 loads full, then the bottom of the basket never gets clean. I learned that the hard way. I guess you just have to start big then keep up on it.

Heidi Berry said...

This new philosophy on laundry has truly changed my life. I am glad it has yours too. Love you friend.

Kara said...

Ha Ha Ha, I freaking love you! You are so funny. I loved reading the fifty facts about you! We need to hang out with you guys and the Isaacs real soon! Summer will be here soon and then maybe we could do a bbq and go swimming or something! :) P.s. I think that I may copy your laundry idea!