It's true. Thanksgiving is my hungriest day of the year by far. Call me crazy I know it's strange. People look forward to eat all day long on the day and I look forward to starving. It's true. I don't like anything about it. I don't like turkey, mashed potatoes, yams, green bean casserole, pilgrims, you name it and I don't like it. Then you get to the dessert and I hate all of that too, pumpkin pie..nasty. To be perfectly honest I wish that we could have Chinese food on this day. Last year Chris actually brought egg rolls to my family's dinner. I couldn't have been happier.
25 comments:
That is so funny! You're the first person that I've heard say that...I love it:)
you're crazy! It's so good, I bet you would like my Thanksgiving dinner.
Aly you crack me up! I consider that absolutely lucky. I happen to love it, therefor I put on 5lbs. every year. So I wish I could hate it as much as you!
Maybe we'll do sweet-n-sour turkey, mashed ham fried rice, egg rolls with stuffing, green beans with lo mein noodles, sweet potato wraps, cranberry wontons, and of course, fortune cookie pie.
Thanks Dad. I will say that everyone is being so thoughtful and trying to add things to the menu for Thursday. I appreciate it. Chris is of course bringing egg rolls and My Mom and Dad are making my favorite orange almond cup cakes. You guys rock.
my favorite thanksgiving ever was the year it was just my mom and dad, james and me. we made homemade wontons and ham fried rice and went bowlling. so untraditional, but sounds like you would have fit right in.
You know, I really haven't liked Thanksgiving that much either... Mine is because it would fall on my birthday or the week of my birthday and I hated it! Like my 21st birthday, It was on Thanksgiving... Talk about lame! I'm on the same page as you. However, I can stand it if I have some Costco rolls and honey baked ham... Yummy sandwiches
I'm not a fan of it either. Don't mind the food so much, but I tell Jeff every year I dread the fact that that's all we do is sit around and get fat all day. Eww!! I can just hear myself getting fatter just thinking about it. Sounds like your cute family is looking out for you though. Have a good one!!
Aly- Don't worry i'll eat enough for you and the two babies growing inside of me!!!! But that does make me laugh hard I guess that's the trick to staying thin through the holidays! Luv your sexy bootie J-lo
Aly- Don't worry i'll eat enough for you and the two babies growing inside of me!!!! But that does make me laugh hard I guess that's the trick to staying thin through the holidays! Luv your sexy bootie J-lo
I say suck it up and eat some potatoes. Oh and I seriously loved my shout out!...And the song. Nice choice.
Okay...so I am commenting on your little blurb on Lizzie. (I won't even comment on how weird it is you don't like Thanksgiving!=-)) Anyway...I clicked on Lizzie's link thinking she is still this little girl. I cannot believe how beautiful and grown-up she is.
Yeah i love your new song... i added it onto my myspace playlist. i too wish i hated thanksgiving. Then maybe i wouldn't gain a million pounds each year.
I love Thanksgiving. And I'm glad you don't because that leaves more potatoes for me to eat. And chocolate pie.
wait- chocolate pie?? you did not mention that in the things you don't like about thanksgiving. now i'm quesioning your americanism. (yes, that's a word)(okay i don't know if it is) but i'm still questioning it!
I'm not a big fan of the food either! That is why my family is going to rodizio grill!!
Aly, I am so sorry for you. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. I agree with Lizzie and advise you to just eat your mashed potatoes. At least you have generated a lot of conversation.
Wendy
I like gravy.
HOLY COW!!!!I miss you! I think I was the one that was suppose to call you last and I lost your number and I have no idea where you are....so this is so awesome!! Your family is so cute, Joey is big and Kendyl darling, and you and Chris are one hot couple!! Email me and I will email you, we have to get together!!! How fun, we found each other!
I'm with you on this one, Aly! Maybe one year we should meet at the Asian Star...mmmm! I don't mind the food, but it's not on my list of favorites. We usually go to Little America every year...they have some great choices. Maybe next year???
Hi Aly! We saw Chris and your girls at walmart last night...your girls are so stinkin cute..Joey said, "This is Kendyl, she is 1 month" (holding up one finger while she said it) you have such a cute fam. Let's get together soon!
Hey Aly! Love your cute blog. I think Chris does get better and better looking... I won't try to steal him though, Adam's home in 19 days so I can hold off. ;) I've been meaning to tell you I can order headbands for Kendyl from my sister in law Sarah for 10 bucks and that includes shipping. They are adorable. We can chat about it later. Enjoy your eggrolls. - Jen
Holy Cats! I think this is a record for number of comments. You are so popular. Just ask your kindergarten self.
Love all the comments. I can't wait to hear your report on your dinner yesterday. Had so much fun with you, Chris, and the girls.
Love all of you.
Aly- I so don't know how to tag you'll have to talk me through it. I love you! J-lo
Post a Comment