Monday, December 12, 2011

A few things...

I am so mad at myself for my serious lack of blogging. Not sure what my deal is....
Maybe I feel that the blogs I read are much more creative, artistic, interesting, etc.
But I look at my blog archive for this year and see 40 something posts for the whole year when I usually clear a 100 or more, makes me sad. I usually blog with intention that I will make it into a book, but that has yet to happen. I absolutely LOVE looking back on my blog and seeing pictures, reading old posts, and seeing what we were up too. I have now blogged for 4 years now!
I used to hate fb, and the idea of it. Now I have surrendered and look at that more than I want too. Sometimes I wonder if I stopped blogging because no one comments on blogs anymore. Because before when you would blog and get like 20plus comments on a post..that was the norm. And how pathetic is that to admit? haha. I am one that looks at blogs and reads a lot of them and rarely comments. Also, I always have the debate of private or not private.
Sometimes I also think of making it just private for me.. I think maybe I would blog everday if that were the case. So if you are reading this..Sorry for the ridiculous post. Just getting some of my thoughts out there...

2 comments:

Veronica Reeve said...

Aly, Just so you know, I look at your blog and we barely know each other...ha ha ha, that seems creepy. I've thought many times about making my blog private to just me, it does make you sad when no one comments (I have no shame in admitting that) and I think that if I was blogging for just me I would do it more often. I'm sad the blog hiatus has come crashing down. I still like to see updates. Anyhoo, probably TMI but there you go. Your family is D-arling. So keep posting and tell Heidi to post for goodness sake! Heidi? Are you out there?

P.S. Your sisters baby is boy is possibly the second cutest baby boy I've ever seen. (Second to mine I just had, of course) ;)

Momma Fish said...

You're so funny. I was the same way for a minute about the issue with comments. Then I decided I really do it for me, my kids, Andrew and our journal. I LOVE clicking back on posts from the year before to see what we were doing at "this time last year" ya know. I read your blog, I just am not ahuge commenter. I will now though :)