Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Stroke of genius?...yeah I think so.....

So here it is...My genius idea...I am DONE picking up toys all day long!!! I have decided that I am not going to pick up toys all day, AnYmOrE!!! I might kick one across the floor when I am vacuuming, but I am no longer going to put them back on the shelf, or organize them during the day ever again. Why you ask?.... Well to me it makes no sense at all to pick up the toys in the girls room when they are dumping out another toy bucket in the living room. Or when I am organizing the toys in their closet while they continue to be wrecking balls throughout the house. So I have stopped... I am going to do the things that I rarely get to during the day because I am always picking up. I will deep clean my bathrooms, dust, and fold all my laundry. I tried it and it worked great. I felt like I had gotten so much accomplished in my day, and 15 min. before Chris got home is when I picked up stuff in the front room so it would appear to look nice. I know genius, right? I will save all my toy picking up at night time when the girls are sleeping. When I can clean an area without another area being totally messed up. At night I can organize all their toys so they are ready to be messed up and thrown around the next morning. It feels like I am always PICKING UP my house and never CLEANING it!! So I am excited for my new plan...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Genius!! I get so frustrated at the end of the day when Jeff is coming home and I've picked up 15 thousand times and it still looks the same as when he left that morning. I'm going to try it and see how it works. Wish me luck!!

Lac said...

I do have to say that I too have started your genius idea and its fantastic. I feel way more accomplished at the end of the day. Instead of trying to keep it tidy all day, which is virtually impossible, I do what you do. About 40 minutes before Jace gets home. It's sad what makes us excited!

Ashlie said...

Good plan stan! Even though I can't sympathize with you because I don't have my own kids...but I did have a little brother 13 years younger than me. He was so messy that my mom had a lock on the outside of the door so that his toys wouldn't venture out into the whole house. He could only take a couple out at a time and then she would lock the door until he was ready for something new. ~ Love ya!

..::k.toms::.. said...

My sister-in-law has that same complaint! She said that there is NO use cleaning when my 1 1/2yr nephew just messes it all up again!
Love the little ones and the wrecking balls that they are!

Isaac Family said...

Couldn't agree with you more!!! I love to have everything organized but I have come to the realization that it's not going to happen unless I lock Maycee where her toys can't be messed up. But then she just messes up my jewelry or something else!!! Vicious cycle? I think so!!!

Jennifer Phillips said...

That's a great idea I will have to share that thought with my sister, she has 3 little girls and whenever I am over there that is what she does all day long. I always think to myself that sucks, so will have to tell her to save it for nights when she can do it all at once

The Bryner Bunch said...

That is what my sister Jen has always done. The second her boys are down for the night she goes into power clean-up toys mode! Logan is too young for the toy thing to be much of a problem, but I am the same way about making sure the house looks nice and neat when Ben gets home. I hope it works for you!

Kristen said...

So, I tried that at my house and Josh stopped by in the middle of the day and the house was a wreck (like it usually is) and he said "Why don't you just pick up as you go along?" He has no idea. And somewhere in his imagination he thinks Milo sits on the couch with his arms folded all day long.

Wendy B. said...

I like that idea too. I've also come up with the idea that I will have certain chores for certain days of the week (For those things that don't need to be done every day). I haven't stuck to it that well yet because I keep having to clean up throw up! Will we ever be healthy?

Unknown said...

I have to admit that I had to take a moment and just cry today because as I was "trying" to get my house cleaned I would pick something up and put it away and walk back in the room and Jace had brought three more things in its place. After about the tenth time, I just had to sit down and have a moment. In about a month I am going to have baby number 2, and I don't know what I am going to do. It is good to hear other people's genius ideas when I feel hopeless, so keep it up!

Bryn said...

I have to admit, I gave up ages ago trying to clean during the day and I don't even apologize to unexpected visitors anymore, they have kids, they understand, Right? And if they don't understand, oh well. You're right, it's so not worth running around in circles all day long just for it to look clean for .2 seconds. I must say your are genius!

Unknown said...

What a good idea, let me know how that works out for ya? Half the cleaning up for me is my own sanity, so i'm not sure if i could handle it being messy all day. Who knows though, maybe i'd feel less stressed.