Tuesday, June 17, 2008


Today was one of the hard days. Poor baby Kendyl was so dang sick all through the night and maybe slept a total of 4 hours. She had a way bad cold, but her breathing got so bad through the night. Her cough was making her throw up and she was so out of it. She finally got a little bit of sleep and I got in at the first appointment at the Dr.'s office. She got a breathing treatment soon after we got there and stopped wheezing so bad. She had to get a chest x-ray and that was pretty awful to watch. She was so dang sad. Her lungs and everything looked good but they put her on a steroid and she will have a breathing treatment every 4 hours for the next few days. It totally scared me though. But I am glad that she will be feeling so much better very soon. This sweet little baby would cry hysterically any time they had to check her, take her temperature or anything. But as soon as they were done, she would stop crying and say "Thank you" Even after her x-ray she said thank you. It was so darling!! I love this little girl so much. She makes so happy.

PS..This picture was taken last week at her well-child appointment today she wasn't smiling so much. I love this picture.

15 comments:

Nat and Jordy said...

Poor Kendyl! I am so glad that she is alright. She is a tough girl just like her mommy ("the finger"). Please give her big hugs and kisses for me and please let me know if you guys need anything.

Heather said...

Poor baby!! Don't you hate that? It's just the worst to have them be sick. I'm glad she's ok though! What a trooper :) So cute that she says "thank you". What a doll!

Heidi Berry said...

Love you Kendyl. Feel better soon. Maybe your Mommy should buy you a present.

The Bonham Family said...

Ah! Poor little girl! Im so sorry. No fun being sick. I'll try to bring her over a slurpee to make everything all better! Rent some shows! Love ya! Thanks again for coming last night you look wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Oh so sad for you rand her both. Kenlie did that and they were worried that she would have asthma for the rest of her life, but it was a fluke thing and we got the breathing treatments for a few days, still have the machine, but have never had to use them again thank goodness. So happy to have it though so I know to pull it out the next time. Hopefully hers is just a fluke thing also.

By the way how cool it your peeps. Does it show you every time someone posts so you are always checking. How great is that? I want to learn how.

Also how does next Wednesday work for you? Seriousl girls camp is over and Wasatch Back will be over then too. Let's get it planned I know Bryn and Kristen are both waiting for the plan. Let me know.

Wendy B. said...

Kendyl bug. I hate to hear about your suffering. I hope you're feeling better by now.

Also, I want to know how to change your settings so it shows the latest blog post from your friends.

Trish said...

So sorry to hear about little Kendyl...get better soon!!! xoox

Isaac Family said...

Poor thing! She's lucky to have such a good mommy to take care of her! She's so adorable...

Kara said...

Sad!! That is so hard as a mom to see your baby so sad and sick :(
Do you and Chris like to watch So you Think You Can Dance?

The Bryner Bunch said...

So sad...having a sick baby is the worst! I'm happy she is doing better. What a sweet little picture of her...hopefully, she is all smiles again:)

Natalie & Luke said...

So sad to hear about the bug being so sick! Hope she is doing better today. Love yoy guys!

JR and Brynn said...

Hey, Aly. I have been out of town so I haven't checked in for awhile. I am so sorry to hear that your little one was sick. That is the worst feeling for a mommy. I hope all is well now. So fun to see Joey and Alex together.

NatRat said...

I hate it when my kids are sick, especially like this. I am sorry. I am glad she is doing better, and I am sorry for you because you have to be the one to see them this sad and you can't really do anything for them. It breaks my heart...

sTaCiE said...

Oh poor Kendyl!! Thats so sad! It was horrible when i had to watch jerzi get it done, it breaks your heart! I feel bad for her it's so sad cause she is so dang cute and happy allof the time i just love her!! I hoe she is doing better! Love you!!

sadie said...

this is the day that i went out of town and haven't shecked your blog since. i'm sorry for the scare and the sickness. hopefully she'll be back to her bright and darling self soon- if not already.