Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Swearing...it's for the birds.


Chris and I were so lucky to have a date last night. We went to dinner and to see Nightmare before Christmas in 3D. Lisa had offered to watch our girls why we had a night out and she wanted Joey to sleepover. Chris and I had so much fun together. It was one of the funnest dates we've had in a long time. I haven't laughed so hard like that forever. It was such a blast. Joey came home with darling hair that Lisa did and with a bucket full of treats and little presents from All a dollar (under dollar Joey says). I got my whole house clean and was fully ready by 9:30. That never happens. I really did miss her though it was so quiet around the house. But it was fun to have some one on one with Kendyl. I love this picture of Joey.

Joey has been saying Damn it around the house lately. Yesterday I caught her saying this she looked at me before I even said anything and said, " I know we don't say Damn it. We only say Damn it to birds." I had to go in the other room to laugh. The bird thing comes from My sister Natalie when Luke is playing and pretending to shoot things. They tell him we don't shoot people we only shoot birds. So basically anything she does naughty she apologizes by saying she should only do it to birds.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aly, we're both online right now. I just made a comment to your last post and there was a new post up! Serendipidous blogging! Sweet.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only child who swore occasionally (...more like rarely)! But as I said with Heidi's booty shaking children...Joey got it from her mama.

Heidi Berry said...

I'll never forget hearing Lizzie say, "Damn it!" while playing putt-putt in the Sego Lily house. Those were the days. Joey makes me laugh... she is so going to be a cheerleader. I love that picture of her!

Carli said...

Aly! i'm sorry but that is so funny. I am laughing my head off. I can't imagine who could've taught her such a word??

sadie said...

that is the greatest things i've heard all day. it made me laugh outloud. i can't believe you could hold it in long enough to go in the other room.

sadie said...

too bad your girls are so cmaera shy. you'll have no photos of them for their scrapbooks

Trish said...

Aly, that just made my day! I can't believe you made it to the other room to laugh, either!! Too cute!!!

The Bryner Bunch said...

Aly, I love your blog and your daughters are the cutest! Joey is at such a fun age...my nephew is about the same age and the things he says just crack me up! You are such a good mommmy!

Anonymous said...

Let's be honest. How could you get mad at such a cute and certainly well thought out excuse. That is honestly so funny. I love it.

Natalie & Luke said...

I'm glad you guys had a fun date night. And that is freaking hilarious about Joey. And i think she learned that from her Aunt Lizzie. Because i know you are not one for swearing. :)

Kristen said...

Great post!!! I love stories of creative toddlers, cause once they're teenagers, those kind of things don't come out as sweet as they used to.