
I LOVED President Monson's talk on Sunday. I loved how he touched on living each day for the moments and taking joy in the journey. And how when we get frustrated about messes that are made seconds after we cleaned up, or toys being scattered through out the house...That one day we are going to miss the toys scattered through out the house, profoundly! It made me sad thinking about it already! My girls are growing up so fast! I also loved his quote when he was talking about how you can't live each day looking forward to tomorrow or planning great things for "tomorrow.. If you do that you will only have a big stack of tomorrows and a lot of empty yesterdays! I know that wasn't worded as good as he said it, but it was along those lines. And I am glad that I will be able to have a copy of it soon! I love coming away from talks like that and feeling that I want to be a better person. I love my family so much and I want to try to be a little bit more easy going and just be happy with everything right now. I never want to say again, I will be happy when "This" happens or "when" we have this! Sorry for such a serious post that is kind of unusual for me!

7 comments:
I am SO glad you posted this! I was having the exact same thoughts yesterday during this talk. I decided that my new mantra for life was "Enjoy the journey. . .now." Just like Pres. Monsen said. Thanks for sharing your thoughts :)
I'm with you on this. In fact I just wrote about it, not on my blog, but in my own thoughts. Everything is always preparing for something more something later. THings now are great! GOod post sunshine! I loved it!
That was our pillow talk last night...I am glad you posted:) I feel like you are one of those people that always enjoys things, and makes the most of everything. Being with you is like a ray of sunshine, I can probably count the times I have seen you in a bad mood on one hand, and you were more funny than anything.
I agree. Great talk. It does go by fast (at least after the first 6 months, which is my LEAST favorite time of a baby's life). :) Great thoughts. Thanks for sharing.
It was such a great talk, cause how many times a day do we bend over to pick up what seems to be thousands of toy's! We need to just "FIND JOY IN THE JOURNEY NOW" I loved him saying that! Our babies grow too quick and one day we will be our old parents googling over someone elses babies saying "Oh don't you remember" Thanks for your sweet post!
I loved your post! Unfortunately I didn't listen to most of conference and it was so nice to hear about what was said. Very well said!!
Great post! Sounds like a great talk. I am kind of bummed that I missed ALL of conference. I am excited to get the Ensign issue and study it up.
Post a Comment