Thursday, September 25, 2008

Blog Burn out?

Yes I have been feeling a little of the blog burn out, I guess you could say. I am trying to get back to the reasons of why I love to blog. Here are some of the questions I had to ask myself?
Do I blog as a way of journaling? Sure.
Do I blog as a way of showing fun pictures and bragging about my family? Yep, Uh huh
Do I blog as way of connecting with my friends and people who I have lost touch with? You betcha!
But mostly I think I want to use blogging as a tool to get back some of my stuff people have borrowed! :)

So for the following people please return the items immediately!
Donny Fabrizio: My Snoop Dogg CD (you borrowed this in the 10th grade and I never saw it again).
Brandt Neider: My Tupac CD that you gave to me and then borrowed back from me. (real classy.) I really liked my rap back then!
Natalie (my sis) Go ahead and look in your CD case. If they have the name of Aly Durham on them, which most of them do, those ones are mine. :)
Also missing my T-ball shirt and my 9th grade diary.( might wanna find that one) Britney Spears Greatest Hits, Bone Thugs, Michael Jackson History..and so on. Love me some ipods!

Also to the people I still have stuff from:
Ashlie Jenkins: I have a Sir-Mix-a-lot CD with your name on it. (Sorry it's a good one.)
Natalee: I have a pair of your Gap plaid boxer shorts probably since the 9th grade, and also one purple CTR ring. Sorry.
Brynn: A Lisa Frank tiger notebook with notes written back and forth from you and me. I like this one and I won't give it back!
Lacie: I have a polaroid picture of you and Johnathan Taylor Thomas(I need to mail that one to you already!)
Nat(my sis) So many pairs of your earrings, what can I say you have great taste!
Heidi your Swans Crossing poster. Ahh how we loved that show. I think I am keeping that one.

To anyone else who has my stuff, give it back! And if you think I have yours let me know.
Love me, Love my blog.

10 comments:

Lori said...

You are TOO funny!!! That blog post cracked me up. You are too cute :)

Lac said...

Aly you crack me up! You're so good to keep all of this stuff. I would have chucked it soooo long ago!

Julie said...

You ROCK! I only wish I had a small something of yours. I think I'd keep it though, just cause then maybe I'd feel half as cool as you really are, Aly.

JR and Brynn said...

That is HILARIOUS!! I am laughing to loud! I definately do not have any of your CD's. I would love that Swan's Crossing poster, though. Aahhh, the memories.

Ashley said...

This is hilarious! (I will echo Brynn.) I think I stole a Tori CD from you (Little Earthquakes) and then bought it again and it disappeared. So I bought it again and it disappeared. I think it's cursed. But I swear you stole her "Under the Pink" CD from me, so maybe we're even? At any rate, Little Earthquakes is on my hard drive, so I'll burn it for you if you have been missing it the last ten years or so.

Nat and Jordy said...

Why do I LOVE you so much!? This is one of the many reasons why! You seriously are so hilarious! My beautiful creative Aly! I am not giving you your stuff back until I get mine... ha ha! I actually want you to wear my shorts and ring so that you will think of me! j/k

XXXX

Anonymous said...

Love you, love your blog. Sorry I suck so bad. I am now back with the blogging world and it's been fun to catch up on what's been going on in your life. I too have been doing a little blogging and after 33 updated posts I might be going through a little blog burnout. Seriously though you are hysterical. I forgot about half of those bands, but I totally agree. I am missing about 50 CD's with my name all over them. I guess once we get married they think we don't exist under that name anymore and they are the new proud owners of our way cool music. Seriously I missed you. Can we d lunch and pedicures soon?

sadie said...

well, sad to say i don't have anything of yours, but if i did- i'd want it to be your sweet ass!

Natalie & Luke said...

Little Earthquakes was mine! And my sweet sister, Aly. I believe I have maybe 2 of your cd's. And only one of them has your name on it, 311. I also have your Nirvana, In Utero. But you are not getting back either. ha
I loved your post Aly! It made me laugh so hard. You are too cute!
Ashley, I would love it if you would burn Little Earthquakes for me, and I will burn Under the Pink for you. :)

Steve.Jeana.Preston said...

Do you still have my Mossimo two piece swimming suit that is metallic purple? :0) If so, please keep it :0) I am sure it will look way better on you than me :0)

Love the pic of you, Jenny and Brynn.