Tuesday, July 1, 2008

You're not a good Mom unless you go to Costco!

Does anyone else feel like that besides me? Sometimes I feel what defines you as a "Good Mom" is when you have 15 rolls of paper towels, 15 packs of baby wipes, and a 100 count pack of string cheese. Of course I do love the goodness Costco brings me, but overall the whole experience kind of stresses me out. The parking, the carts, and all those samples. Ahhh! :) I am that Mom that "runs" out of stuff from time to time. Yep sometimes I will get down to one diaper before I buy more. I know I hate that about me too, but it just gets busy sometimes. I am trying to do better because my lack of planning sometime drives me batty. I do love to play with my girls a lot, and for the most part they are pretty dang clean. :) I am trying to do better with this and with my food storage. I need to do more than just my idea of food storage and that is having 8 packs of Diet Coke in my pantry.
On another note today my darling Brother and Sister-in-law Nate & Wendy are moving in across the street from us. I am so dang excited about having them so close. They really are some of our bestest friends. I am also excited that when I am having one of "those" nights when I am out of milk. I will just sneak across the street into their Winder Box and steal a carton of milk. I am so excited to have my cute nephews Evan & Austin close by, and to enjoy of their Winder Milk goodness!!

8 comments:

The Bonham Family said...

You make me laugh! I think your making fun of my compulsive personality because you know I way over buy! Jk I totally agree with you on the whole Costco thing it's a nut house! That is why I make the trip once a year! You are such a wonderfuly mommy and wife, Chris and the girl's are lucky to have you! Excited to see you tomorrow! Lots of love

NatRat said...

Costco is crazy! I actually love going there. For some reason that is one store my kids are great in...maybe it is all the samples I can feed them or the bribery of a slushy when we are done. One thing I hate is that I end up spending way more than I am suppose to. You can't get out of there just spending 50 bills...it is always more.

The Ottosen Family said...

I have to admit... I LOVE Costco, but I do almost have anxiety attacks. Sometimes it's just so overwhelming for me. And on top of that... I hate telling anyone I'm going, because without fail... they ask you to get something for them! All that being said, I love getting cheap milk, eggs and produce!

Kristen said...

I feel you costco pain...the worst is the 250 lbs of sugar I have to buy from there every week...I never get out without being questioned. Lucky for you about Nate and Wendy, especially since you like them so much. I would love to have family that close. Glad that you guys are doing so good!

Ashlie said...

I don't shop at Costco at all, so I guess I must be really bad. Everyone says how amazing it is, but I just don't see it. Some of that food would last us a year before we even get close to eating all of it. I guess it is good for toilet paper and the everyday essentials, eh?

Heidi Berry said...

I know, Costco can bring out the worst in people. If Costco has it, people feel they have to buy it. And I always am slightly envious of the people that have their carts overflowing with bulk food goodness. It is an event to go, that is for sure. I like the experience as a whole, but it always leaves me wanting, wanting, wanting. I don't think that is a good thing. And I think you are a good Mom, regardless.

Trish said...

Yes, I love Costco. And Yes, I get down to one diaper, also. Thanks for the reminder...I'm down to 4...miss seeing you!

Unknown said...

First of all, if I were you, I wouldn't cut my hair. I did about a year ago, and already wish it was long again. Of course, hair always grows back, so if you really want to, go for it. You look great both ways. Secondly, I wish someone I know would move close to me. I feel like I am so far away from everything and everyone out here in North Salt Lake. Maybe I should move!