Finally asleep after one of the worst nights. She didn't sleep all night was up getting her nose suctioned multiple times, and then had to end up getting an IV after being dehydrated. This poor little girl screaming at the top of her lungs and also being really funny/horribly sad. Yelling out
"This is not fair" We would tell her almost done, you're so brave, she would yell out..."I not brave"
Anytime the nurses would come in she would push her hand firmly out to them and say no. She even did that in her sleep. It was an awful couple days.
She wanted to her daddy to stay so close. Chris and I took turns sleeping "laying" by her.
I know this is a sick picture of me after I woke up, but I just love the look on her face.
Finally eating a little bit.
Love how cute her hair gets after she has been asleep and all sweaty. :)
Lizzie and Taylor were one of her many visitors, but sadly the only picture I got. We are so lucky to have the best friends and family. She was seriously so spoiled and so were we. The nurses there loved her too. We can't say enough good about them and that hospital. After our horrible hour where we were almost transferred to Primary's, they brought in this darling pillow pet for her to keep. Before we left the hospital they also gave her a new baby doll and a stocking full of presents. Even though she wasn't always the nicest to them they still loved her. :)
This is a picture right after we told her we were going home. Smiles were few and far between in here. We thought that for sure it would be Chris alone with Joey and Kendyl on Christmas morning. The thought killed me, but knowing that at least Chris could be home with them and then they could come visit us easier. We had made all our plans, I even had Chris run home to get me a few of Cameron's presents so she could open them the next morning. The nurse came in and said would you be comfortable going home on oxygen. Which of course we said, HELL to the YES. So in about an hour after talking to a few dr.'s we were going home at 7:30 on Christmas Eve.
What a crazy few days. Oh how I loved taking this girl home.
2 comments:
These pictures make me so sad! I loved being able to see your sweet girl, though.
I love HELL to the YES. And the pictures of her sleeping? So sweet. I am so glad she's on the mend. Poor little stinker. And poor you. A kid that can't breathe and a mom that can't walk is a bad combo.
Post a Comment