Friday, February 3, 2012

Birthday Love..

Joey has been wanting an American girl now for a long time. She has been saving her money for a while. When she was given the option of getting an a doll for her birthday or getting a big friend birthday party, she chose the doll! So we ordered McKenna the new doll of the year and I got started on the rest of her present.
We were lucky enough to inherit my sister Lizzie's doll bunk bed. The girls were so excited to get started and paint it. We decided to go with white so I could have some fun with the bedding. I got inspired for the bedding on the Crafty Chicks blog. I suprised the girls with the bedding on Joey's birthday. She was so excited and absolutely loved it. Kendyl was pretty excited that she got bedding for her doll as well. I am going to get started on a set for Cameron this weekend. It was an absolute blast to make.

On a side note...My sisters are way to kind than I deserve and think that I should make these to sell. I think I might. So if anyone is interested I would totally make these for your little girl. I am so in love with the little throw pillows. The girls were laughing that their dolls had real mattress and pillow cases. They turned out so fun, if I do say so myself! :) Peace out!








2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I keep checking your blog waiting for this post! I love it so so much. And if I ever have a daughter, I am hiring you to make her a set. So darling!

Sioux said...

Very cute girls and bunk beds for their lovely Anerican Girls. I think it's a GREAT idea to make these and sell them. If my granddaughters were more into dolls and this much frou-frou, I'd definitely buy them!